Topics To Talk About With Your Boyfriend At Night
Pillow talk is one of those small pleasures that life brings. After a long day, it’s finally time for the two of you to spend the remainder of the night together in conversation. But…what to actually talk with your boyfriend at night?
Sure, at the beginning of your relationship, there are definitely loads of topics for you to tackle, since there are still many things that you can learn about one another. From favorite hobbies, interests, the foods you love most, to stances on more serious matters like politics and religion.
However, at some point, it can feel like you know everything there is to know about each other, and that longing sensation you felt when night approached is slowly fading. Moreover, if you’re a shier person by nature, we’re sure that you’ve had at least a few nights where your boyfriend’s doing the talking.
This can make you feel as though you aren’t bringing enough to the table, like you’re not actively contributing to the betterment of your relationship, but we advise putting such thoughts to rest. In a lot of cases, men actually appreciate being listened to, or just making you laugh and enjoy your evening that much more.
That being said, remember that you’re talking to a person that you either love, or that you at least care for deeply, so when wondering “what to talk with my boyfriend at night”, don’t think of it like you’re preparing for an essay.
A Little Rule To Remember
Enjoyable conversations have that natural and rewarding flow to them specifically because they’re either about things that you like talking about, or that have meaning to you.
So, what’s on your mind? Is there something you’d really like to share with your boyfriend? Perhaps you’ve begun reading a new book, or learned a new awesome recipe, or your cat’s done just the silliest of things and it made your day.
Your boyfriend isn’t someone that you’re striving to impress as though you’re going to receive a grade for it. Think about how the two of you got together, what attracted you to him above all others. What did you talk about in general so far? Why not choose a topic related to those?
Or, even better, if you’re really trying to make an effort, get to know his passions. Yes, we know, it isn’t always the easiest of efforts to get into the usual passions of men. Football, cars, swords or Star Wars might not appeal to you in the same way, but we guarantee that you’ll see your boyfriend’s face light up, and hear his voice filled with joy. And hey, you might actually end up enjoying them yourself (even more than him)!
After all, we all want to share our passions and good memories with someone else. To have someone understand what really brightens our day, gets us through tough moments, and makes it all worth it, or at least bearable.
For indeed, sometimes things are just bearable, but sometimes they’re amazing! However, when they’re on the more unfortunate side, remember that your late night conversations are a channel to express your feelings too. You’re not burdening your boyfriend with them, you’re letting him into your life.
And finally, just because it’s late, it doesn’t mean that you have to stick to “surface subjects”. There are many topics to tackle out there, whether deep or just silly fun. Examples below!
What To Talk With My Boyfriend At Night — Concrete Questions
- What’s one word that you think describes me?
- If our relationship were a TV series, what genre would it be? Do you think it’d be an enjoyable one to watch?
- Did you ever think you’d be “forever alone”?
- Would you rather have a great time without me, or an average time with me?
- When did you figure out that you love me?
- If someone asked me what kind of a person I am, what would you say?
- Should we get a pet? If so, what should it be?
- Do you have a favorite name? What do you think about my name?
- Do you ever dream about me? If yes, what are those dreams about?
- Did you ever think about marriage when you were young? Would you have a wedding preference?
- Are you looking forward to going to work tomorrow?
- If I were a song, what type of song would I be?
- Do you ever just randomly think of me during a busy day?
- Do you think we could have a great podcast together?
- What’s your choice of entertainment? TV, radio, YouTube?
- Would you be willing to move to another country if i got a job there?
- How long is “too long” to not talk with each other?
- In which color do you think I look best? Do you also have a really disliked one which you’d like me to not wear?
- What’s the worst thing that you think could happen to us as a couple?
- If you had to stop being a fan of something, what would you choose?
- What’s one thing you’re not willing to give up under any circumstances?
- Do you think we’re successful individuals?
- Do you have kinky thoughts about me during the day?
- Do you think we’ll still be physically attracted to each other down the road?
- Were you worried (even for a bit!) about our first date?
- Would you mind if we took some silly pictures together and I shared them with my friends?
- Do you like my usual perfume, or are you just polite about it?
- Did you have a pet while growing up? Any favorite ones?
- What’s a movie from your childhood that you simply know is bad, but you like it anyway?
- If you could choose to live in a fictional universe, which one would it be?
- What’s something you want to buy for yourself at the moment?
- Do you think we could make our sex more enjoyable?
- What’s the most precious life lesson that you learned from a role model?
- Want to go on a romantic getaway for the weekend without telling anyone?
- Do you have a favorite photo of the two of us?
- Would you report me to the police if I did something illegal?
- Do you think we’ll still be together in 5 years? What about 10? Do you see us owning property together?
- Would you go to prison for me?
- Have you ever had a gaming session after which you were too sore to even get up from the chair?
- What’s the most tired you’ve ever been? What was the reason?
- Would you rather work from home, or is social interaction a big deal for you?
- Would you think less of me if you saw me overindulging in alcohol?
- How are you with children? Do you like children?
- Are you absolutely against doing something specific “in the bedroom”?
- If you had all the money in the world, how would you use it?
- Are you willing to lend money to a friend even if it means that you have to tighten your belt for that month?
- What was your very first thought about me?
- Do you think I could start in a movie? What would be my role?
- Are you closer to your mother or your father?
- What would you choose to instantly learn, whether skill or knowledge?
These should keep you busy for a while, but if you want even more topics to discuss, check out our article about 150 questions to ask when in a relationship. And for even more quality conversations handled in a fun way, check out our replayable card game for couples, Better Topics.